This life can be whatever we choose to make it. We can achieve anything we want to. There are endless possibilities that life can offer, and yet we often only tend to choose what we see. We sometimes see life as a box with boundaries and limits and several negative aspects. Once we choose to see life outside the box of the limits we put on ourselves. We then can open our world to the wonderful opportunities that await those who choose to seek them.
Every idea that exists has come from the mind of one who has chosen to dare to think it. Where would we be without the people that have dared to think and be different. We should be different, we were all born to be different!
Different is beautiful, fun, progressive and exciting. I hope that through this blog I can open some eyes to how beautifully wonderful different is. I call these differences quirks. I believe everyone is Quirkily Beautiful in their own way. Whether it is through a talent, or a behavior, an idea, or a statement. The positive and negative quirks people have make them who they are. I wouldn't change that for the world. A quote from my favorite movie states. "Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out." -What a girl Wants.
Do you remember when you were a little kid, and all the weird little quirks you had. The way you colored outside the lines, before you even knew there was line. The quirks you had in the embarrassing stories your parents remind you that you had. The worlds and games you played oblivious of the real world. Those quirks are what people need the most, the creativity, ideas, passion and determination to create despite the odds. The childhood belief that anything is possible, because it truly is.
Quirks are what people will remember most about you. My grandma Jeanie loved unicorns and cheetos, to this day whenever I eat a cheeto or see a unicorn I remember my grandma and the loving memories I had with her. My significant other at the moment has the quirk of being hungry all the time. I absolutely love it because I have the quirk of Loving to cook. When two quirks go well together it creates this quirky harmonic adventure of fun. And when two compatible quirky people get together they develop this crazy quirk called LOVE. LOVE just happens to be my absolute favorite quirk. I think that if we all truly could love, there would be a boost of charity, self esteem, harmony and over all happiness and well being in the world around us.
Often times we wonder why we have these odd quirks of ours that some people love and other people hate. Maybe it's because someone one day will benefit from us being the way we are. Maybe that one person will even be us. "So I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them." - Perks of Being a Wallflower.
So Lets be Quirky together and accept others and try to look at the positive aspects of the world around us. I hope that as I share my Quirky Beautiful world with you, with everything that I love and quirks of and others around me, that you will share yours with me. We will find so many adventures that we had never opened our eyes to before, and we will learn so much from one another and from ourselves. Yes it will sometimes be hard to be open with others and mistakes will be made, but if you think about it life wouldn't be fun without a few messes.
I can't wait to learn from all of you, Get your Quirks on;)
With Love, Bekah



No comments:
Post a Comment