Then I realized, there is a way for me to constantly improve doing my best to achieve my goals, without beating myself up about messing up. It's what I will call the Good, Better, Best Replacement Method! It's based on slowly replacing not so good habits, with better habits, eventually leading to having the best most awesome habits ever (key word being eventually). It's a swaportunity, yes I'm going to add the cheezy yoplait commercial, but it's so true!!!!! and to the point.
Many of my fellow perfections will be all what, how does this work. Let's just say by swapping at least one habit/ decision a day for a better one your constantly improving every day. Some times we take a step back, but that makes for an improvement cha cha :) The goal is to always move forward, and to focus on what is important to you! I will achieve my goals through making the choices that lead to them as much as I can, and being ok with mistakes.
Some Examples
*Goal 1: Spend less time on facebook, and more time blogging, or reading.
So next time I catch myself with a few spare minutes I either.....
GOOD= Facebook , BETTER= Come up with a blog post, BEST= Pick up a thought provoking book, or get ahead on homework.
I'm not always going to pick the best, or better choices, but as long as I'm choosing them more than the good choice, I will achieve my goal.
The lowest starts at good because I support my self by knowing that most every choice I make is good, because I chose it and I believe in myself!!! That way I can build my self esteem by following through and owning up to my decisions good or bad. I will take control of my future by knowing that I control my choices.
*Goal 2: I will eat under 80g of carbohydrates a day (required by my doctor).
I see myself getting hungry so I choose to eat.
GOOD= A sandwich (I'm poor), BETTER= tomato soup, BEST= A salad
Not saying a salad is healthier than soup, you need moderation in all things. But you do get my point.
Here are some awesome conference talks that apply this method to improving your spiritual goals, and putting what is of real value first in our crazy jam packed days.
http://www.lds.org/ensign/2007/11/good-better-best By Dallin H. Oaks 2007
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/of-things-that-matter-most?lang=eng By Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Hope this helps everyone see a perspective of how they can achieve their New Years Resolutions :) I know it's how I'm going to achieve mine, at least the one's that really matter to me.
With Love, Bekah
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment