This Earring had a very precious worth to me. It was part of the last Christmas Gift I would receive from my Grandma Jeanie as she would pass away five months later. This earring held all the memories, and precious spirit from the last beautiful Christmas I had with her. I remember when she was able to come over to our house through driving her mechanical chair. It took her about half an hour to get from her care center to our house. I would always walk with her, her giving me advice about life, and telling me about her youth. One Christmas Evening I remember it was freezing and snowflakes were slowly falling down on us as we walked, we didn't talk much, but I remember feeling so blissfully happy because she had been able to come home, instead of having to spend Christmas in her care center alone. We just held hands taking in the beauty and true spirit of Christmas and Love.
I realized I had lost one of the earrings shortly after she passed away, I was absolutely devastated. It felt as though I had lost the one of the few parts of her I had with me on this earth, as well as losing her through her passing. Finding this earring finally helped heal that. It was such a tender mercy to me that her spirit was still alive, and that she was out there somehow still watching out for me. And I knew that I would see her some day again soon, just as I found that precious earring, even though it might take some time.
That Earring was my Christmas Miracle and even though to many who see it would value it as no worth, to me it is priceless, just as is the Birth of the Savior Jesus Christ who's atonement and sacrifice made it so we can conquer death. We will be able to see our loved one's again I have a firm testimony of Eternal Families, and of the love that flows from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is truly the miracle the world needs to realize.
I hope we will keep the meaning of Christmas in our hearts throughout this new year.
With Love, Bekah


No comments:
Post a Comment